Our Lady of Loretto Elementary School Sports Program aims to teach students sportsmanship, overcome tendencies toward excessive coordination, acquire agility and physical coordination, learn to keep rules and practice self-control.
HOME OF THE
The school offers various sports programs such us basketball, volleyball, baseball and soccer for boys and girls. Any student who wishes to participate in the sports program must maintain a GPA of 3.0 in the core subjects such as Religion, Math, Reading, Language Arts, Social Studies and Science. Failure to maintain a GPA of 3.0 will result in a prompt dismissal from the sports program.
AFTER SCHOOL SPORTS POLICY
- The sports practices are to begin after 3:00 p.m. and end at 4:30 p.m. Any student, who is not picked up sharply at 4:30 p.m. will pay a penalty fee following the guidelines of the school’s Extended Day Care Program.
- For those students whose parents are unable to pick them at the designated time, it is recommended that they be enrolled in the day care.
- The program is conducted under the discretion of a competent adult coach; and, this does not replace the required physical education time allotment.
- The classroom teacher has the authority to determine the temporary or definite removal of he/his student(s) from the Sports Program for disciplinary or academic reasons. Parents may withdraw their child from the program at the END of the SEASONAL COMPETITION in order to avoid a disqualification of the team and upsetting the Coach whose efforts and dedication are unlimited.
- Any student who is being subject of repeated disciplinary action will be withdrawn from the sports program (at the end of the sports season).
- Any student being removed from the sports program due to any serious or repeated disciplinary action will not participate in the SPORTS CEREMONY. The Trophy (trophies) earned will be delivered at another time.
- Students will be assessed an athletic participation fee to help offset rising costs of extracurricular programs. Athletes pay a fee for each sport in which they participate during each season. Fees will be collected at the school during athletic clearance and registration.